

This past weekend the Pope made his first visit to France since he started his papacy. This city was crazy!!! I told my mom I was in the safest city in the world for two days. I tried to get to Notre Dame, but that was pretty much impossible! I have never seen so many police officers at one time in my life! France shipped them in from all over the country! They closed down two metro stops near Notre Dame for security reasons as well as barricaded most of the streets around Notre Dame. I would walk one way and the police would tell me to walk another. I didn't get the chance to see him (considering there were 250,000 people there, I am not surprised).
After my attempt at Notre Dame, I went with some friends to the Musee D'Orsay. This is my favorite museum in all of Paris and if anyone comes to visit me, I will for sure take you there! The D'Orsay is famous for its Impressionist exhibit. It was surreal to be walking among Monet's and Van Gogh's. The best part about the museum is that it was free! Many many museums are free for students in Paris, we have already been to two of them!
I am done with class now, so some friends and I are going to a movie. Until Wednesday, Paris is showing movies for less than 4 euros! Love from Paris...
No comments:
Post a Comment