As most of you know by now I have just started working with the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) as the director of student services, I will be replacing the current director (Natty, whom I love) as she moves to the US for a year with her husband, and while I wish them all the best, part of me really wants her to stay so we can continue working together.
This past week was my first week, although it wasn't a true week, I started on Wednesday and went to a wine tasting on Thursday night (for work might I add). There are a lot of things to go over, but the good news is I just lived through many of these things and have a good basis of knowledge coming into the position. This job is not unlike the job I had working with the private dorms the two years before I left for Paris. My main responsibilities will be the students and their well-being, not only will I place everyone in their homestay arrangements, as well as planning weekend and day trips, but I am also the person they go to when they have a problem (can you say RA)? In fact, my RA experience really helped me land this job.
Even though it was hard to say goodbye to family and friends, I am so looking forward to this next chapter in my life, I know it will not always be easy and eventually I will be working long hours during orientation week, but I am so grateful 1) to have a job during these tough times and 2) to have a job that I love. Please stay in touch, my new email address is: coban.sarah@gmail.com (yes Emily that is coban with a c!)
Love from Paris...
1 comment:
I love the blog... I'm so excited to hear about all of your adventures=) I am going to live vicariously through YOU for the next few years!!!
xoxo
bw
Post a Comment