So just wanted to add a funny antidote that would happen to me!
I just got home, it is around 2am here in Paris. I spent an enjoyable evening roaming around the Bastille neighborhood, it is an "up-and-coming" area for the young Parisians. Margaret, Hillary, and I found a great little Spanish bar that served sangria, it was really nice to sit down and chat for a few hours. Anyway, that is really not what I am writing about...
I went home as usual, no problems with the metro, the walk was just fine...tons of people around. When I got into the building I went up to my floor and put my key in the door. IT DIDN'T WORK!!! Parisian doors can be tricky, because their padlocks are so thick and the keys can often be hard to turn...so at first I thought it was just me. Naturally I tried again, still no luck! I kept trying for about fifteen minutes then really started to panic! I couldn't figure out why this was happening, I have come home around this time all semester (only on the weekends, don't worry Gram)! Even if Michele's key is in the door, it should open. Finally after being outside for about 20 mins, I called Michele. She didn't answer, so I left a message explaining that I was sorry but my key wasn't working. She is really good about answering her phone, she even keeps it by her bedside when she has American girls living with her; but this weekend her grandson is in town visiting, and he sleeps in her room. I am sure she turned down the volume so he would not be woken up, thinking she would still hear it. I sat outside for about another 7 mins going over all my options. I decided that I would call Michele again if I didn't hear from her in the next couple of minutes. So there I was sitting in the dark outside my apartment in Paris. Finally after what seemed like hours, she called me back. I could hear her from inside the apartment talking to me. I was whispering "I am out here, it is my key...see hear it, it won't open" (all in french of course). When she let me in the apartment, she explained that her son (also visiting) went outside to smoke and locked the padlock when he came back in not thinking. She kept apologizing and thought I had been outside for hours waiting. It was actually a great bonding moment for us, because she isn't very affectionate, but she gave me a big hug and a kiss on the forehead to told me to have sweet dreams.
Anyways, thought you might get a kick out of that! Love from Paris...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment