Last night my new friends and I went to this great fondue restaurant I read about before I left. It is called Le Refuge des Fondues and it was actually right down "la rue" from our hotel. Inside there are two long tables where everyone is squished together, to get to the seats near the wall the owners pull out the tables and help you step over the table. Next to us there was a French couple and on the other side a couple from the UK. For 17 Euros the six of us had appetizers, cheese fondue, meat fondue, fruit, and (what they are famous for...) red wine from baby bottles. In France, the government puts a tax on wine glasses, so they out-smarted the French government by putting the wine in baby bottles. We had a wonderful meal and a great conversation getting to know each other.
School is in the 2nd arrondissment (neighborhood) on this quiet little street just off the main boulevard. The school is small, but in a beautiful old building with a courtyard in the middle. We have free wireless internet at the center (which is great because most places you have to pay). I am unsure what the internet will be like with my host family, so it may be hard to contact me on the weekends when the center is closed. In just a little while the program director is going to go over final class information so I am excited to see where I will be placed and what classes I will be taking. I also hope I will be able to figure out a schedule, right now since everything is so new, we are going places when they tell us to then just roaming during free time. I know I am looking forward to knowing my way around!
Some people have been asking for my address here in France, here it is:
Sarah Coban
CPEC: Centre Parisien d'Etudes Critiques
37, rue du Sentier
75002 Paris
France
Hope all is well with everyone in the states! Love from Paris...
No comments:
Post a Comment